Saturday, September 6, 2008

Food, Fax and Saveur Recipes

I found a point of interest today for those of you who are interested in replacing kitchenware. Houseware companies launch their fall/winter lines this month, so summer merchandise will be on sale. Not a bad idea considering how long I have had my kitchenware, pots and pans, etc.
Here is another tip if you ever need to fax information. There are two sites that you can send a fax free which is good considering I do not have a fax machine. Here are the sites-- http://www.FaxZero.com (send for free), and http://www.K7.net where you can receive faxes and voicemail for free, if you don’t mind a 206 (Washington state) fax number. As long as it is free why not use them. I went to both sites to see if there was a glitch but I did not see anything. However if anyone has used them or has a comment, please let us know.
I did receive an email today from Saveur(my favorite food mag) with two interesting food recipes.
One is for Boston Cooking School Brownies. This recipe for a gooey and rich brownie was originally published in Fannie Merritt Farmer's The Boston Cooking-School Cook Book (Little, Brown, 1911).
The other is for spiced apples which make a great foundation for apple pie or strudel. Spiced Apples. Check them out if interested.
BTW, PLEASE VOTE FOR MY SITE OF GRANNY'S TASTIES2 as there is a contest going on at DivineCaroline.com. Look (here) in the top right margin for the badge and click on it to go vote. I surely would appreciate it.

No comments: