Thursday, August 13, 2009

How is your garden doing?





Today I was looking thru my email at the food blogs I had recently received with new ideas and recipes. This caught my eye as I had just purchased an eggplant yesterday with two different ideas for what to make.
The first was to make a batter-fried eggplant patti to serve as a side dish along with whatever broiled meat I plan to serve. This is a rather simple recipe that I will explain as follows:
My next idea came, as I mentioned above, as I was reading my newsletter from Moms Menu which I read faithfully from beginning to end. Cindy Sanchez is Editor in Chief of this site which has many great ideas in each newsletter and it is well worth your while to sign up for it. Anyway this is where I found the recipe for Eggplant Parmesan which is shown in the picture above. One suggestion I have is you can buy a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce and use this as the tomato sauce in the recipe and it will serve the same purpose. The parmesan cheese makes the dish, of course. The more the better.

No comments: