Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cool summer desserts




Pic by Kraft
I was looking for some desserts that would be cool and found a nice long list of no-bake desserts by Kraft but I picked out the Rocky Road no-bake cheesecake. Mainly because I like chocolate and it did look cool and really easy. Being I am serving it at home I don't have to worry about taking it out in the heat of the day. I feel sure there are many more cool, summer-looking dishes that would make for great get-togethers with your friends.

Do you like brownies or should I ask who does not like brownies? If you don't just move along cuz I found a great, new recipe for you to try. This is what Rachel OF INSIDE THE KAGANOFF KITCHEN calls "Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies (12 insanely dense brownies)." As Rachel says "These are very elegant brownies and would make a great addition to a fancy dinner party served with vanilla ice cream, strawberries and a sprig of mint." To me that is exciting enough for me to make them TODAY.
Make something interesting and cool today. No point in getting the kitchen all heated up with the oven going. Temp here on the Gulf Coast is in the high 90's with over 100 humidity. So all a/c are pumping and will pump until early evening or later.

No comments: