Monday, February 15, 2010

Girl Scouts are on the march!

Girl Scout Cookies are arriving all over my town in MS. Last year I got the word at Wal-Mart, Blockbuster, the bank and many other places. One place they were not was at church. I figure my church community needed the charity more. It is a great organization for girls to belong and need our support.
With the change in weather here in the south, I started my own baking on Friday and kept the house warm as well with the oven on. I started out making Buttermilk Biscuits from SOUTHERN PLATE and moved on to Chocolate Chip Cookies from Martha Stewart. Then it was time to think about what to have for family dinner. I pulled the traditional pot roast from the freezer and got that started on the stove top. Once that was going, I needed a break to sit down at the computer and check out some of my favorite foodies being as it is Mardi Gras time. Here in Biloxi the parades started on Sunday and will go on thru Tuesday. I was looking for a recipe for King Cake and found it was easier to buy one that would take alot less time. Forget the King Cake for this year.
With Lent starting on Ash Wednesday I looked thru my recipes for meatless recipes. Found a Tuna Noodle Casserole that will do for one of the meals @ CD Kitchen but I have many more weeks ahead to prepare. One of my favorites is cheese pizza which is a given from Domino's. I bring it home, unbaked, and doctor it up with black olives and mushrooms. No point in paying for the extras when all I have to do is open a few cans. Right!
There you have it. Girl Scout Cookies are here. Mardi Gras is beginning and finishing on Ash Wednesday. Enjoy!

No comments: