Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The YEAR OF THE SAINTS



Sunday was the day for all football fans to watch the great game of the SUPER BOWL #44. I was one of them. As I patiently sat thru all the pre-bowl channels, I decided to go ahead and get started with the food. After all it was 5 p.m.
During the week I had gone thru all the sites that had all the goodies to have while the game was on. Here are a few of the places that had good recipes: SOUTHERN PLATE, PIONEER WOMAN GOOSEBERRY PATCH, Pillsbury, Bisquick. Now these ideas can be made for any gathering in the future. SP had a great chili recipe but PW outdid herself and had the bestest variety. Find her Super Bowl page and see for yourself.
So I had laid out for me all these goodies and I indulged. By half time I had enough of the small stuff and went on to the chili and natchos. In between I was jumping up and down when the Saints scored or had a great play. Needless to say, I had cheered enough but had lots of energy for the climax when the Saints intercepted a Colts pass and won 31-17. I am sure it was crazy in the French Quarter as they showed how it looked.
When you have time check out the great sites I mentioned with all their great recipes.

No comments: